Monday, July 7, 2014

Meet Angie Hudgins & Janelle Kennedy

My name is Angie Hudgins. I am first and foremost a child of God. I am also a wife, a mother, and a teacher. I have been married to my husband, Darrin, for 18 years. We have 3 children, ages 16, 14, and 11.  I have served as a public school elementary music teacher for 18 years. I have a love for music and I enjoy sharing that with children.

Several years ago God placed Africa on my heart. I wasn't sure of the reason then and still am not completely sure now. However, I knew if I ever had an opportunity to serve on a mission team to Africa, I would go. In late 2013 a friend shared with me that she was leading a mission trip to Ethiopia. I knew that was the opportunity I had been waiting for.

I am headed to Ethiopia in August of this year, 2014. I hope to share my love of music and my love for Jesus with the children there. I am sure God has a bigger plan than that for this trip though. While I don't know His plan, I go in obedience and eagerly await the blessings He has in store!




My name is Janelle Kennedy and I have been married to my terrific husband Brian for 15 years!  He is an unbelievable dad and a super supportive husband.  We have three amazing children: Taylor (11), Madison (9), & Makenna (5).  I am so blessed to be a mom to these children.  I have participated in a few local mission/ outreaches but never did I imagine traveling to Africa to go a missions trip. I have always had a love for children.  I was blessed with the opportunity to teach secondary mathematics for 10 years before I became a full time mom.  When Cindy first mentioned the trip, I had only know her for about a month.  I remember thinking,"Wow, you go girl!"  God saw through my nervousness and anxiety and called me to go on the trip about 3 months later.  I am so excited to see how God is going to use me on this trip and I can't wait to see how our whole family is changed for the better!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment